Due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19, some Global Opportunities programs may be affected. Further information to be provided as 2022/2023 programs are confirmed.
firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Queensland Department of Education International and the Central Java Education Office have partnered to send 6 Queensland school teachers (state and non-state: primary, secondary, or distance education) to Central Java for 2 weeks.
The program is open to:
- Indonesian language teachers, in particular, beginning language teachers with limited language fluency, or teachers who want to improve their fluency and/or cultural competency.
- Applied Learning or vocational education training (VET) teachers, in particular those in the fields of agriculture, hospitality, tourism, business management and industrial skills.
Selected teachers will share their pedagogical practices with counterparts and students in Central Java, and bring back new skills and cultural activities to their classrooms and school communities.
- 2-week professional development opportunity
- Accommodation and most meals
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in advance of departure.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Most meals
- Tuition fees
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications generally open in October (the year before travel). Please check back regularly to see when program applications open.
Travel period: September to October (September school holidays).
Applications are now closed.
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756