Year 12 students have an opportunity to win a 4-week study program in Kagoshima, Japan. Located in the southern tip of Japan, Kagoshima offers an authentic experience in Japanese language and cultural immersion.
- 4-week program.
- The program is open to Year 12 Queensland (state or non-state) high school students and provides the opportunity for students to be immersed in a different culture and improve language skills.
- Accommodation and most meals (homestay).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- Students will travel unaccompanied to Japan, but will be met in-country on arrival.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Tuition fees
- Most meals
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications open Monday 3 February 2020 and close Friday 3 April 2020.
Travel period: November to December 2020.
Applications (PDF, 528KB) for Year 12 students from all school sectors, studying Japanese in 2020 are open. Applications close Friday 3 April 2020.
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756