Now in its 24th year, the Queensland Department of Education International is providing Year 12 students of Japanese language with the opportunity to be awarded a $3,000 travel voucher prize to undertake future independent travel to Japan to enhance their language proficiency and deepen their knowledge of Japan’s society and culture by being actively immersed in new environments.
- $3,000 travel voucher prize to be used to fund independent travel to Japan (valid for 5 years).
- The program is open to Year 12 Queensland (state or non-state) high school students of Japanese language.
- Provides the opportunity for students to be immersed in a different culture and improve language skills.
- Students will be able to redeem their voucher to travel independently to Japan, at a future date once restrictions allow for international travel.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications are now open and will close
5pm Monday 13 September 2021.
2021 Iwasaki Sangyo Prize – application pack
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756