The Saitama Prefectural Board of Education and the Department of Education have partnered to provide an opportunity for 3 high-achieving Year 11 Queensland state high school students of STEM and Japanese language subjects to travel to Saitama to undertake a unique, international learning opportunity.
- 2-week program.
- The program is open to 3 Queensland (state) high school students in Year 11 and provides the opportunity for students to experience a different culture and school life, and improve language skills.
- Two teacher chaperones will accompany the group for the duration of the program.
- The chaperones have professional development opportunities with a 2-week placement within a Japanese school in Saitama, see Queensland Guest Teacher Program to Saitama for more information.
- Accommodation and most meals (homestay).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- Teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the program planning and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Student applications need to be submitted via the school and only 1 student application per school will be accepted.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Most meals
- Tuition fees
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications open October (the year before travel)
Travel period: September to October 2020 (September school holidays)
Applications for Year 11 students (PDF, 659KB) in the year of travel studying Japanese with a strong interest in continuing language and STEM studies are now open. Applications close Wednesday 29 April 2020.
Applications for registered teachers (PDF, 612KB) from a Queensland (state) school are now open. Japanese language and STEM teachers are encouraged to apply. See
Saitama Global Teacher Program—Japan for more information. Applications close Wednesday 25 March 2020.
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756