The Saitama Prefectural Government and the Department of Education have partnered to provide an opportunity for 6 high-achieving Year 11 Queensland state high school (college or academy) students studying Japanese language to travel to Saitama to undertake a global immersion opportunity.
- 2-week program
- The program is open to 6 Queensland state high school (college or academy) students in Year 11 and provides the opportunity for students to experience a different culture, school life and improve language skills.
- 2 teacher chaperones will accompany the group for the duration of the program.
- The teacher chaperones will undertake a 2-week professional development placement within a Japanese school in Saitama. See
Saitama Global Teacher Program for more information.
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- Teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the program planning and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Student applications need to be submitted via the school and only 1 student application per school will be accepted.
- Return economy airfares
- Domestic travel
- Travel insurance
- Most meals
- Tuition fees
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications are now open and will close at
2pm Friday 14 July 2023.
Travel period: September school holidays
2023 Saitama Global Student Program – application pack
2023 Saitama Global Teacher Program – application pack
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756