Students studying French, German or Italian languages can participate in an 8-week reciprocal global student program and experience living the life of a typical Swiss or German student.
- 8-week student program.
- The program is open to approximately 50 Queensland (state and non-state) high school students in Year 11 and provides an excellent opportunity for students to improve language skills.
- Up to 8 chaperones will accompany the students during travel. One group of chaperones will accompany the group from Brisbane to Switzerland/Germany and another group of chaperones will accompany the students back to Brisbane.
- Chaperones will be offshore for approximately 14 days, which will include a teacher placement at a school in Switzerland or Germany.
- Accommodation and most meals are provided with a reciprocal host family (homestay).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop, which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- Teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the program planning and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- $3,700 per student participant. Fully self-funded program.
- A number of bursaries to assist with program costs may be offered to eligible students. Refer to application section below.
- Chaperones funded by the Department of Education.
Application period: Applications open October (the year before travel).
Travel period: December 2020 to January 2021 (and hosting in August to September 2020 before travel).
Applications for Year 11 students (PDF, 951KB) from all school sectors studying French, German or Italian in the year of travel are open. Applications close
Monday 10 February 2020.
To be considered for a bursary, download and complete the Bursary application form (PDF, 327KB) and return with your 2020-21 Switzerland and Germany Global Student Program application. The bursary covers program fees and a capped travel and incidentals allowance to assist with travel costs such as passport, luggage, clothing and personal items.
Applications for registered teachers (PDF, 549KB) from a Queensland (state or non-state) school are now open. Applications close
Monday 31 January 2020.
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756