The annual Premier's Anzac Prize provides a life-changing opportunity for eight high school students to experience the Anzac tradition first-hand and how the Anzac legacy relates to modern Australian life.
Successful students and 2 teacher chaperones will go on a 16-day tour of important memorial sites in London and the Western Front battlefields in France and Belgium.
When applications open, all eligible Queensland high school students in Years 8-11 can apply for travel the following year. Each state school or accredited non-state school may nominate up to 2 students.
The Premier’s Anzac Prize is a highly enriching program for young history enthusiasts. Explore ‘Last year’s tour’ to see the tour in action.
This year’s winners visit important memorial sites in London and the Western Front battlefields in France and Belgium. Check out a snapshot of the students’ diary posts, photos and video for this year’s tour. More will be available post-tour.
Program and tour details
- 16-day tour to London, France and Belgium
- the Prize is awarded to eight Queensland students
- students must have prior parent/guardian consent
- successful students are required to attend a briefing session, a 2-day workshop and complete a research task in the 4 months prior to travel. Research is recorded in
- two teacher/chaperones will accompany the group for the whole tour and will be required to assist with the tour planning and pre-departure sessions.
- Return airfares
- land travel
- travel insurance
- most meals
- entry fees to all site visits.
Recipients of the 2019 Premier's Anzac Prize:
- Annabel Jellett - Queensland Academy for Health Sciences
- Atticus Solomon - Ambrose Treacy College (Indooroopilly)
- Chontelle Harris - Pimlico State High School
- Claudia Maher - Brigidine College (Indooroopilly)
- Claudia McPherson - Matthew Flinders Anglican College
- Douglas Gemmell - Good Shepherd Lutheran College
- Ella Magner - Pimlico State High School
- Madeline Francis - Tamborine Mountain State High School
- Darlene Hill - Kepnock State High School
- Peter Townsend - Mundubbera State School
Other international opportunities
The Department of Education International offers other
International opportunities for students and schools.