The Premier's Anzac Prize provides the opportunity for high school students to experience the Anzac tradition first-hand and how the Anzac legacy relates to modern Australian life.
The annual Premier's Anzac Prize sends 8 students and 2 teacher chaperones on a tour of important memorial sites in London and the Western Front battlefields in France and Belgium.
All eligible Queensland high school students in Years 8-11 can apply for travel the following year. Each state school or accredited non-state school may nominate up to 2 students.
Applications are now open for the 2019 Premier's Anzac Price.
The Premier's Anzac Prize is open to all eligible Queensland high school students in Years 8 to 11.
Students are asked to address a specific question and develop a historical argument referring to evidence of the Anzac spirit from Australia's involvement in wars and conflicts from Gallipoli through to the present day, and to relate those experiences to positive values and activities in everyday life.
Each state school or accredited non-state school may nominate up to 2 students only. Entries must be from individuals not groups.
More information is available on the resources page.
Applications for the
Premier's Anzac Prize 2019 are now open.
Student applications close
5pm Monday 8 October 2018.
Chaperone expressions of interest have now closed.
Student application pack (PDF, 580KB)
All parts of the application must be returned completed as one PDF document, after adding signatures and dates on a hard copy.
Tips for student applicants (PDF, 143KB)
Essential information on referencing your multi-media presentation (PDF, 68KB)
- 16-day tour to London, France and Belgium.
- The prize is open to 8 Queensland students.
- Students must have prior parent/guardian consent.
- Accommodation is hotel style, twin share.
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session. successful students are required to attend.
- Two teacher/chaperones will accompany the group for the whole tour.
- Teacher/chaperones will be required to assist with the tour planning and pre-departure sessions.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Most meals
- Entry fees to all site visits
Other international opportunities
The Department of Education International offers other
International opportunities for students and schools.