The Queensland Virtual Curriculum Delivery Pilot will lead innovation in digital and hybrid learning in the curriculum delivery of Japanese language through the use of emerging technologies.
The pilot is addressing the demand for languages education and challenges in recruitment of specialist teachers in schools in high demand subjects.
In 2023, there are 2 state high schools which will deliver Japanese language learning to classes located in Queensland state primary schools.
The 2 delivery schools are Rockhampton State High School and Thuringowa State High School.
Staff based at these schools will deliver to classes of students in Years 5 and 6 at:
- Crescent Lagoon State School
- Dalby South State School
- Birkdale South State School
- Scottville State School
- Townsville South State School.
Duration of program
Recipient schools are those engaged in the Queensland Virtual Curriculum Delivery Pilot – Japanese language.
Allocation of funds
A budget of $304,000 is provided across the participant schools to join the pilot in 2023 to support delivery infrastructure and participation technologies and resources. This allocation comprises:
- $60,000 to Thuringowa State High School for the development of a specialist virtual languages delivery studio
- $10,000 to Birkdale South State School for technology support for 2 classes
- $5,000 to Scottville State School for technology support for one class
- $5,000 to Townsville South State School for technology support for 1 class
- $86,000 to Thuringowa State High School for reimbursement of staffing resources
- $138,000 to Rockhampton State High School for reimbursement of staffing resources.
|Thuringowa State High School
|Birkdale South State School
|Scottville State School
|Townsville South State School
|Rockhampton State High School
How to apply
Schools do not need to apply for these funds. Entitlements to schools participating in the pilot program will be calculated and paid directly to schools.
Teaching, Leadership, Rural and Remote
Schools and Student Support Division
Phone: 07 35136674